Version 24 April 2018
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The following websites and applications belong to Mitsubishi Elevator Europe:
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that are saved onto your computer or mobile device when you visit our website.
What other technologies are used?
Cookies and these other methods are used by almost all websites. Using cookies and other technologies allows us to:
- Make navigation of our website easier and more pleasant;
- Ensure that you don’t see the same information and/or have to provide the same data each time you visit the site;
- Offer special functionalities such as a wish list;
- Measure how our site is used and where we can make improvements;
- Show advertisements and recommendations on the basis of your interests;
- Recognise which device you’re using when you are visiting us;
- Register how often an advertisement is shown in order to more efficiently adapt advertisements to your needs and interests and prevent you from seeing the same thing over and over again.
Which cookies do we use?
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our website works properly. This could include functionalities such as customer login.
We use analytical cookies to gather statistics about the use of our website by users, with support from third parties. Measuring website use enables us to continuously improve our website to the benefit of our users.
Social media cookies from third parties
Social media cookies are cookies that facilitate the functionalities of social media websites. This could be a YouTube film clip on a product page, selecting our location in Google Maps, a ‘like’ button for Facebook, etc.
We place advertising cookies on our website. We also offer third parties the opportunity to place advertising cookies on our webshop. We, in turn, place advertising cookies on third-party websites. The information from these advertising cookies can be combined. We do this so we can provide you with the most relevant offers on the basis of your online search and buying behaviour. We also monitor which advertisements you’ve seen based on these advertising cookies.
Recommendations, preferences and interest cookies
We also combine your surfing, searching and buying behaviour to provide you with relevant offers and recommendations in our webshop, adjusted to your preferences.
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies help to ensure that Mitsubishi Elevator Europe’s webshop functions effectively. This could include:
- Notifying you of an order that was not completed so you don’t lose your products in the shopping basket;
- Saving your browser settings so you can view our website on your screen in the best possible way;
- Giving you the option to save your login details so you don’t have to enter them each time;
- The option to respond to messages on our website;
- A balanced loading of the website, so it remains functional and accessible;
- Tracing misuse of or possible problems with our website by registering successive incorrect login attempts, for example.
With the support of third parties, we use analytical cookies to investigate shop use. These statistics give us an insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve our website. This enables us to ensure that our website experience is optimised. The following details are saved (among other things):
- The IP address, which is rendered anonymous;
- Technical features such as the browser you’re using (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen and which device you’re using;
- Which page you used to access the webshop;
- When you visited the webshop and for how long;
- Whether you used the webshop’s functionalities. For example, creating a configuration, making an appointment or viewing specific references.
- Which pages you’ve visited in our webshop.
We use these cookies to:
- Monitor the number of visitors to our webshop;
- Measure the duration of each visit;
- Determine the order in which the visitor viewed the various webshop pages.
Social media cookies from third parties
How do social media cookies from third parties work?
Social media cookies are placed by social media websites. When you’re in our webshop and click a social media button, a social media cookie will be placed on your computer. The social media party can then recognise your IP address when you wish to share a page from our site. In relation to the cookies that are placed by social media companies and the data that they gather, we refer you to the statements that these companies provide on their own websites. We recommend that you regularly consult the privacy and cookie statements below:
- We can monitor which advertisements you’ve already seen;
- We can monitor how often you’ve seen an advertisement before;
- We can prevent you from seeing the same thing over and over gain;
- We can monitor whether you click on the advertisements;
- We can monitor whether you place an order once you’ve seen or have clicked on an advertisement;
- We can combine your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour irrespective of which device you’re using;
- As a result of combining these features, we can establish your advertisement interests and reconcile the advertisements we show you in our webshops and on third party sites accordingly.
Advertisement networks and media bureaus function as the intermediaries for webshops and advertisers. The advertising cookies from these parties mean that:
- We can show you advertisements from third parties;
- Our advertising partners can combine your preferences from bol.com with information that they have gathered from your visit to other websites.
In relation to the cookies that these parties place for advertising purposes, we refer you to the statements on the corresponding websites.Because the statements may change on a regular basis, we recommend that you consult these privacy and cookie statements on a regular basis. The following parties place cookies on our website:
Recommendations, preferences and interest cookies
We have a great deal of choice regarding vertical mobility and we are happy to help you with additional information. For example, by referring you to articles that you may find interesting. This works on the basis of previous visits to our website, irrespective of which device you are using. We look at the cookies and your IP address but also what you bought on previous occasions and your interests based on the questions we asked you thereafter. The recommendations and interest cookies mean that we can check whether you’ve seen particular product or offer, whether you clicked on them or if you bought a specific product on this basis. This information is then combined to gain an overview of your interests and preferences so that the website can be adapted for you.
The interest cookies mean that:
- In our webshop, we can combine your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour irrespective of which device you used to visit;
- By combining your surfing behaviour, we can establish your preferences and interests and then harmonise offers and recommendations in our webshop accordingly;
- We can display offers and recommendations to you in our webshop on the basis of your interests and the combination of your surfing, searching and buying behaviour;
- We can show offers and recommendations based on your surfing behaviour on third party websites.
Wil je cookies van specifieke partijen uitzetten, dan kan dat via www.youronlinechoices.com.
Deleting cookies in Microsoft Edge:
Click on the Menu icon (icon with 3 lines) at the top right of the page. Click on the clock icon, this is the ‘History’ tab. Click ‘Delete all history’. Now you can indicate what you would like to delete. Tick ‘Cookies and saved website data’ and click ‘Delete’. At the bottom, you can indicate whether you always want to delete this data when closing Microsoft Edge.
Deleting cookies in Chrome:
Click the icon with 3 lines at the top right of the page. Click ‘Settings’ > ‘History’ > ‘Delete browser data’. Make sure that ‘Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data’ is ticked. You can also indicate how old the cookies have to be. Here, choose ‘All’.
Deleting cookies in Firefox:
Click the icon with 3 lines at the top right of the page. Go to ‘Options’ > ‘Privacy’. Click ‘Delete recent history’. Under ‘Details’, you can set what you’d like to delete. Tick ‘Cookies’. You can also indicate how old the cookies have to be. Here, choose ‘All’.
Deleting cookies in Safari:
At the top left of the screen, click ‘Safari’ > ‘Preferences’ on the menu bar. Choose the window ‘Privacy’ at the top. Click the ‘Delete all Website data’.
Deleting cookies in Internet Explorer:
Click the cog wheel at the top right of the page. Go to the menu ‘Safeguards’> ‘Delete browser history’. Now you can indicate what you would like to delete. Tick ‘Cookies and website data’. At the bottom of the window, click ‘Delete’.